Winter is here (for now)! As the temperatures dip, we’re faced with a little less sunshine and a lot more time indoors. But don’t let glee turn to gloom. Check out Gas South’s top tips to stay warm and beat the winter blues.
- Try a new recipe. Winter is a great time to test a new recipe, especially if you’re using a natural gas oven, range or grill. Whether you’re an executive chef or an amateur, natural gas appliances offer more precision to help you prepare an impeccable hot dish for chilly days. If you’re looking for a tasty recipe to pair with dinner, try out our customer 101 Steak’s recipe for roasted garlic and mascarpone cheese dip.
- Have a staycation. Cozy up with family and friends at home by watching movies, playing games or whatever else you enjoy together. Stay warm and save money with a few easy tricks! At Gas South, we recommend a fixed rate plan to help you save more money over time. Also, consider installing a programmable thermostat, sealing ducts, and checking for drafty doors and windows to keep a little more money in your pocket during the cooler months.
- Spend a Sunday at Snow Mountain. Winter doesn’t mean you have to stay indoors. Bundle up and have a snow day at Stone Mountain Park. Enjoy snowman building, snowball fights, roasting marshmallows, making snow angels and more. Pick a Sunday before February 26, and take advantage of exclusive Gas South customer discounts.
- Enjoy The Greatest Show On Earth®. Families in Atlanta can see Ringling Bros. one last time before the touring circus closes permanently in May 2017. America’s favorite live family entertainment experience is coming to Philips Arena, February 15 to 20. Enjoy a 20 percent discount on tickets to Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Circus XTREME with promo code GASSOUTH. Tickets are going fast!
- Cheer on the Atlanta Hawks. Watching the Hawks dominate team after team is an experience that is “true to Atlanta” and fun for the entire family. Gas South is even helping you score discounted tickets just for being a customer. Help root the Hawks to another victory!
- Visit the Georgia Aquarium. One of the world’s largest aquariums is right in the heart of Atlanta. Visit the Georgia Aquarium to enjoy exhibits, shows and galleries. Gas South customers can save some cash on ticket prices year-round.
- Give back. Spread warmth and cheer by giving back and doing good. Local organizations such as the United Way of Greater Atlanta, Salvation Army of Metro Atlanta and Atlanta Community Food Bank are continuously working to provide care and support to thousands of residents in need across Georgia. Lend a helping hand and support a neighbor in need this winter.